Deutsche Zoologische Gesellschaft (German Society of Zoology)
Our 3-step submission process
Before you submit
Now you’ve identified a journal to submit to, there are a few things you should be familiar with before you submit.
- Make sure you are submitting to the most suitable journal - Aims and scope
- Understand the costs and funding options - Fees and funding
- Make sure your manuscript is accurate and readable - Language editing services
- Understand the copyright agreement - Copyright
Ready to submit
To give your manuscript the best chance of publication, follow these policies and formatting guidelines.
- General formatting rules for all article types - Preparing your manuscript
- Make sure your submission is complete - Prepare supporting information
- Copyright and license agreement - Conditions of publication
- Read and agree to our Editorial Policies - Editorial policies
Submit and promote
After acceptance, we provide support so your article gains maximum impact in the scientific community and beyond.
Please note that manuscript can only be submitted by an author of the manuscript and may not be submitted by a third party.
- Who decides whether my work will be accepted? - Peer-review policy
- Want to submit to a different journal? - Manuscript transfers
- Spreading the word - Promoting your publication
Official journal of
Annual Journal Metrics
3.300 - 2-year Impact Factor (2021)
4.126 - 5-year Impact Factor (2021)
1.316 - Source Normalized Impact per Paper (SNIP)
0.957 - SCImago Journal Rank (SJR)
32 days to first decision for all manuscripts (Median)
52 days to first decision for reviewed manuscripts only (Median)
480,764 downloads (2021)
1,640 Altmetric mentions (2021)
View which articles have been shared the most in the past month or over the past year!
Frontiers in Zoology offers commenting on articles via Disqus, to enable discussion and engagement in science. Find the comment thread at the end of HTML articles.
The Editors of Frontiers in Zoology support initiatives that expedite the peer review process and are willing to consider manuscripts which have been reviewed by Peerage of Science. Please indicate in your cover letter if this applies to your manuscript.